Monday 25 April 2011

Goals and Dreams

Hello peeps. How are you? Hope you enjoyed your Easter!


I've been considering my dreams and my future lately. I went to uni and haven't used my degree as such... I have a  full time office job which I don't hate but don't see myself doing for life. I feel lucky to have a job with unemployment rates so high in the UK and I do work with some lovely people in a lovely office that is never, ever short on treats (cakes, biscuits, sweets, tea).


Our (myself and my lovely Tom) current situation isn't ideal, but we'll be this way for a while. Moving your flat, and your whole, independednt just-the-two-of-you life back into mum and dad's house isn't easy (had to take a fair bit of excess furniture to the dump!!) but it's been a saviour after Tom's accident and I'm in no way ungrateful for having the support of my awesome parents. We're doing okay. I think I'm going to enjoy the present as it is, and stop worrying.






So the goal is to have our own place. Our own space. Somewhere for us to be creative in our own respects. Tom has another 2ish years of Uni left and I'm working to pay off a bit of student debt and hopefully save up... lawdy knows what for as it won't be likely we could afford a deposit on our own home! We'd love to own rather than rent as it would mean pets (Pug please!) and redecorating (a garden would be nice too!) but although I can dream, I must also be realistic... and patient for the things I cannot change/have no control over yet!


I set myself 9 new years resolutions this year (I know...) and so far have achieved none. I am close to a few however! It makes me realise that goalposts do move around with your life... but also that I need to step up a gear and really fight to see these positive changes in my life! I need to be less insecure and more positive! Perhaps differentiating between short term, mid term and long term goals will help me on my way. Tom has two sayings that could be used here. "Fail to plan, plan to fail" and "even the best laid plans go to waste". I think he'd like me to be a bit more spontaneous... I haven't been myself lately. But summer is tapping at the window, and I always feel better when the sunshine spurs you on...






And if some of those goals roll over to 2012... well, I'll just keep trying! 


Ta-ta for now!


Swaf
xxx

No comments: