Wednesday 18 May 2011

My recent embarrassing moments

1) Taste In Music


Yesterday, in a cafe with two colleagues on our lunch break, discussing fave music. Me, Liz, who is a couple of years younger than me, and Pete, who is in his late thirties but is very cool and fun.


Pete: I don't know if you guys know this band from the nineties, they're not very well known here even though they're British but they were big in America. They're called Bush...
Me: Gavin Rossdale!
Liz: Oh yeah, I know them!
Me (Loudly): I LOVE BUSH!!!


cue LOTS of giggles from my companions, and me suddenly realising what I said in a public place.


That left me redfaced, and having to explain to the other cafe-goers that "I meant the BAND, by the way" and was not in fact, a muff-diver. Not that there is anything wrong with that.


2) Stop, wait, just a minute Mr Postman


This morning. Day off sick following terrible evening of uncontrollable shakes and aches, horrendous overnight (til 4a.m.) migraine with violent throw-uppage (yum, sorry) and for Doc's appointment.


Heard post land on doormat. Was getting changed to go to my Doctor's appointment, and peeked downstairs to see what it was. Noticed a package with my name on it so went to pick it up quickly in my bra and knickers. As I reached the doormat, and started to bend down, postie came back. I carried on bending but he must have seen me through the frosted window, the contrast of my pasty body and a blue bra. My only thought was FARK, don't ring the doorbell, cause now you know I'm here I can't run away!* So I stayed squatted on the doormat and a lovefilm disc plopped on top of my head. Cheers postie.


* I seem to have many similar experiences with window cleaners and scaffolders too.


Ta-ta for now!
Swaf
xx

No comments: